Editor’s note: A livestream of the event will be embedded below at 1 p.m. ET.
Some experts say that it is inevitable that the rich and powerful will find ways to jump the line for the Covid vaccines. That could include buying supplies of this precious — and limited — commodity outright.
What can be done to prevent this? In this virtual event, STAT’s Nicholas St. Fleur, a Knight-Wallace reporting fellow, will convene a panel of experts to discuss how to make sure the shots get to where they need to go.
- Sponsor Introduction: Alok Tayi, Ph.D., vice president of life sciences, Egnyte
- Alison Bateman-House, Ph.D., M.P.H., MA, assistant professor, Division of Medical Ethics, Department of Population Health, Grossman School of Medicine, NYU Langone Health
- Glenn Ellis, M.P.H., visiting scholar at the National Bioethics Center at Tuskegee University; bioethics fellow, Harvard Medical School
- Nikos Passas, Ph.D., professor, School of Criminology and Criminal Justice, Northeastern University
- Nicholas St. Fleur, Knight-Wallace reporting fellow, STAT (moderator)